MWp Captive Solar PV plant in Far East Spinning Industries Ltd. at Habiganj,Sylhet
- 1 MWp solar PV plant for client’s own use
- Maximum unit generation of 5,000 kWh
- Commissioned on 28th October 2018
A grid connected solar plant of 1.1MWp was installed at the Far East Spinning Industries Ltd.(FESIL), located at Madhabpur Upazila, Madhabpur-Habiganj Highway, Sylhet Division. A consortium of Rimso Foundation (RF) and Prokaushali Sangsad Ltd. (PSL) has designed the project and supplied, installed and commissioned the project on turnkey basis. Energy generation by the solar plant will be used for FESIL’s own consumption. In this project, the whole system was divided into two areas – Ground and Rooftop. On the ground, the installed capacity is around 900 kW. Additionally, on the rooftop and substation, the installed capacity is around 200 kW. The maximum unit generation has been around 5,000 kWh on a clear day. This grid tied PV plant will allow savings up to 42,000 BDT per day. The payback period of the project is just below 7 years.
PSL has provided the following services-
- Identify available and usable spaces for solar installation
- System sizing
- System design
- Bill of material
- Estimation of system cost
- Thorough financial analysis.
- Completed the system drawing,
- Procured hardware and materials
- Installation, testing and commissioning of the system.
- O&M and troubleshooting support for a year.